- VoIP Technology
- Ozeki VoIP SDK
- Developers Guide
- Softphone Development
- Webphone Development
- Voice Recording
- IVR Development
- Multichannel IVR server
- DTMF navigation
- Voice-based navigation
- IVR human cooperation
- IVR database integration
- PBX Development
- Call Center Development
- VoIP CRM Integration
- Alert systems
- IP Camera
- Mobile phones and platforms
Navigation in the IVR tree using Voice recognition
Voice recognition is another great option to navigate in the IVR tree beside DTMF navigation. Any of the options you can select because Ozeki VoIP SIP SDK provides professional technology to achieve your goals.
What is the IVR voice recognition navigation? When is it needed?
The IVR (Interactive Voice Response) system is a telecommunication software solution that uses a tree structured menu to navigate the caller user towards the solution for their problem. The main concept of this system is that there are some common problems and questions that can be answered without a human operator's help.
The IVR tree can be navigated by keypad buttons (DTMF signals) and by using voice recognition methods. In the latter case the user navigates the IVR tree with spoken words. For this purpose the program needs to implement some voice recognition techniques that support the navigation.
It is possible that you haven't realized the customer service related threats in your business. Let's check some of these so called threats occurring in a traditional customer service:
- For handling incoming calls you need to employ a large number of call center assistants.
- Call center assistants often can only share recorded data to the caller party.
- If the call center assistant does not only share recorded data, most of her time is spent for data mining.
- The numbers of simultaneous incoming calls are varied. It can occur that the call center is overloaded and they cannot handle all incoming calls. Meanwhile, there are cases when there are no enough incoming calls and the call center assistants have no tasks for long time.
- The call center must be available 24/7 especially if your business is in international level. If you cannot ensure 24/7 availability, you can lose customers.
- The documentation of calls requires long working hours, furthermore, there are difficult to standardize.
- If calls are not recorded, they cannot be traced back later for overview or clarification.
The real solution for the above mentioned issues is the introduction of an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system. IVR is an interactive menu system that allows to use the keypad of the telephone or commands to communicate with the call center system. The caller is welcomed by a voice menu. According to the heard instructions he can choose a menu by pressing a key. He can choose menus until he reach his goal.
Ozeki VoIP SIP SDK provides all the support for the necessary techniques with that you can easily create your voice navigated IVR tree system. The IVR navigation is implemented using speech to text voice recognition.
Training guides, simple examples
If you would like to visit the detailed developer documentations, you can learn much more from the Ozeki VoIP SIP SDK Training: Blind transfer and Voice controlling lecture.